Monday, February 11, 2013

Moving forward in 2013 with Vann-Ray

This has been a rushed first and second month for Vann-Ray.  We have been completing ACT Prep in local schools.  The response among teenagers has been phenomenal.  Students do care about their scores and learning.  You just have to find a way to tap into what motivates them.  Here are some comments from a recent engagement:


ACT Responses from Students when Asked about ACT Prep Provided by Vann-Ray, LLC

I learned to be a good reader and to use hinge words and underline everything that is important.  I also learned several things in math like how to solve problems with circles.  

TLC, 11th 

This ACT Prep class has helped me in many ways these past five days.  I learned simple things like writing on the test is permitted and which passages you should just “skim through first.”  The reading prep class is what truly stood out to me.  I feel like everything I learned this week will help me better my score, not only this weekend, but also during other tests I’ll take in school, college, and future ACT tests other than this weekend.  Mrs. Sarah Odom taught me plenty to take with me to college, and she is such a friendly person.  She made a great atmosphere in the classroom, and I never had a boring moment. 

AD, 11th 

I have learned a lot being in here.  And she helped me out in the English part a lot because there was some stuff I didn’t know.  But I really do believe when I take the test again, I will do a lot better.  But I do thank her for coming and making our life better and hopefully she will continue to come and help again next year.  And I do want to say thanks again.

TK, 12th

This ACT Training has helped me in many ways.  I now know how to annotate.  I can also comprehend and write a lot better.  The training also helped with math and English.

TK, 12th

Being in an ACT Prep was extremely helpful.  I learned annotation and using hinge words.  I learned that summarizing or scanning a passage is better than fully reading it in some occasions.  Also, knowing that I can write on the booklet is a big help.  ACT Prep is something that was helpful for me, and I highly recommend that other schools try the program. 

JDC, 12th

This class has given me a better understanding of what is on the ACT and has helped me figure out the best answer to ACT questions.  The reading portion of this practice taught me about annotation and outlining to find the answer faster.  The writing gave me a better understanding of how to write a well-structured essay.  Math was just impossible math. I believe this class overall has really helped me.  I am now more confident about the ACT.
KR , 12th

The ACT Prep class is a definite must for one who wishes to improve his score.  This class includes 5 (4-hour) days; each consisting of a different subject.  Mrs. Sara took us step-by-step each day giving us more knowledge and examples for things to watch out for on the actual ACT.  We also took actual practice test on each subject, giving us a sense of what it will really be like. I learned many new facts and techniques I will use and remember for the ACT.  YEs, the hours are long, and it’s a lot of information, but it’s necessary and helpful to yourself, during and even after the ACT.

EO, 12th

During this program I experienced a lot of learning.  Mrs. Sarah Odom has taught me what I needed to know about this ACT.  I must say ACT Prep class has helped me a lot this week.  I’m looking forward to taking this test Saturday.  I basically learned how to do more and more in each section of the test.  Reading, I will scan over the passage before answer this test.  Science, I will actually read it.  A lot of things this special lady has taught us since this program has come to my school.  I will be looking for good test scores.  Thank you.

JC, 11th

With the ACT Prep class coming to my school, I expected to learn quite a bit of new tips to help me improve my ACT composite score, and that is exactly what happened.  Now, with the new strategies I’ve learned from this class, I am confident that I will improve my score.  I have learned what I expected to and so much more. 

KN, 11th

The training really helped me.  It raised my composite score by 4 points on my practice tests.  It increased every individual score also, on my practice tests.  It really helped me understand the different types of questions.  It really helped me in math and science.

CJP, 9th

I think the ACT Prep Program helped me in more ways than one.  Especially in reading, because I’m not good at all with reading.  I get going on the passage, and I’ll just get lost in the passage because it’s too long or boring.  And the way she showed us, to skim though underlining and go read the questions, then go back to what you underlined, based on important things that stick out and hinge words in the passage helped. 

GLRU, 11th

I feel that this class has helped me learn how to pace myself and prepare on how to comprehend stuff.  I also feel that I learned how to break things down.  While taking the ACT, I plan to use these methods that I  feel have helped me.
JH, 12th

This training session was amazing.  This training has boosted my confidence on taking the ACT.  On each portion of the test, I learned multiple ways to answer each question.  I learned to find the trick answers.  This ACT Prep has been an eye-opening experience that I fully suggest other students to take.

CAR, 12th

This has ben a great week of learning for me.  Ms. Odom has taught me many new strategies so I can achieve my ACT score goal.  After all this, I’m very confident that my ACT score will rise.

AW, 10th

The ACT training really helped me.  It gave me much needed practice and helpful skills in taking the ACT.

JRH, 11th

I learned a whole bunch of different strategies and test-taking tips for the ACT.  I am highly confident that my ACT scores will be much higher than the last time.  Thank you Mrs. Sara.

MA, 11th

The training has really helped me with the reading part.  Using hinge words was one thing I learned about the training.  You should underline main things you know.  The training also helped me a lot with English.  I learned a lot more about English that I didn’t know that will help a lil’ bit on the test. 

MT, 12th

I had a good learning experience by taking this class.  I learned a lot of helpful tips that I think will help better my score.  I’m glad I took this class.  I know everything I learned will help me in the future.

CJA, 12th

This ACT prep class has definitely helped prepare me and make me feel more confident for the ACT this Saturday, February 9, 2013.  The tips I learned for the reading part, like annotations, were MAJOR.  My practice score went up by 5 points!! Also, I learned how to better comprehend and read the charts and graphs for the science section.  Overall my experience with Vann-Ray, LLC has been nothing less than great.  I feel 100% more confident going in to take this test, and I’m SURE of my test scores improving majorly.  

JP, 12th

During this ACT Prep class, I’ve learned many techniques that I can use to improve my score.  The practice portion Mrs. Sara has given us shows this improvement.  My score will go up if (and I plan on) I use the techniques given to us.

CCD, 11th

This ACT prep course has helped me in all my main studies.

HSG,12th

This ACT prep class has helped me very much.  The reading has helped me a lot.  Learning that I could write on the test was very helpful.  I recommend that students take this class. 
KAE, 12th

The ACT prep has helped me in many ways than one.  The reading helped me by: underlining, the hinge words, annotating.  The English helped me by understanding who, what, and when.  The math helped me by writing down the formulas first before you take the test.  The prep has helped me. 

APD, 12th

No comments:

Post a Comment